Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Architect?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses & Eligibility
Bachelor degree (B.Arch., which is a 5 year course: 10+2 from a recognized board/university with a minimum of 50% aggregate in the science stream (physics, chemistry and mathematics). From 2018 students only with Physics, Chemistry and mathematis would be eligible for B Arch.
Alternatively, if you have a minimum 50% aggregate in a Diploma in Civil Engineering under the 10+3 years scheme of State or National Government, then you are eligible for the B.Arch.
At the end of the course, you will need to do an internship in an architectural firm to gain valuable experience by working alongside people who have been in the field for a longer duration, before setting out to begin on your own or join an Architectural firm or Real Estate companies. At the end of the course, you will have to register with the Council of Architecture of India and thereby become a full-fledged architect.
M.Arch. (Masters programme in architecture)
The masters programme in architecture can be pursued from many institutes in India. One can also pursue an architectural degree abroad, however one must keep in mind that it is from a university recognized by the Indian Council and other similar governing bodies. The more recognized the institute, the better your chances of getting work afterwards in India. Do bear in mind that the cost of studying abroad is considerably higher.
After class 12th interested students can appear for JEE Mains ( Paper 2 for Architecture Entrance ) and NATA.
There is difference between the fee charged by the Government and private colleges for the 5 year degree in architecture B Arch program.
For Vastukala Academy, College of Architecture and Interior Design, The program fee in Rs 1 lakh per semester.
CEPT Ahmedabad Fee for B Arch is 1,37,500 per semester.
Sushant School of architecture charges a fee of Rs 4.75 lakhs per year.
Top Colleges for B Arch / Bachelor in Architecture
- IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur. (Admission through IIT JEE)
- IIT Roorkee, Roorkee (Admission through IIT JEE)
- National Institute of technology , Tiruchirapalli (Admission through JEE Mains)
- Punjab University, Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh (Admission through JEE Mains)
- Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur. (Admission through JEE Mains)
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal. (Admission through JEE Mains)
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut.(Admission through JEE Mains)
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur.(Admission through JEE Mains)
- National Institute of Technology, Patna(Admission through JEE Mains)
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur(Admission through JEE Mains)
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela(Admission through JEE Mains)
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur(Admission through JEE Mains)
- School of Planning and Architecture, IP Estate, New Delhi. The school offers B Planning and B Architecture and students with mathematics in class 12th are eligible for the course. The college takes admissions through JEE Mains. There are 105 seats in B Arch and 35 seats in B Planning.
The college also offers various masters degree programmes. Master of Architecture ( Eligibility B Arch ), Master of Design: Industrial Design ( Eligibility B Arch or BE, B Design, BFA ), Master of Urban Design, Master of Building engineering and Management, Master of Landscape Architecture and Master of Planning. program in
- School of planning and architecture, Bhopal There are 100 seats in B Arch.(Admission through JEE Mains)
- School of planning and architecture, Vijaywada There are 100 seats in B Arch.(Admission through JEE Mains)
- Vastu Kala Academy, College of Architecture & Interior Designing, 9/1, Institutional Area, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi The college is affiliated to GGSIP university Delhi and Recognized by council of architecture and AICTE. The college offers 5 year B Arch degree. Students with mathematics in class 12th are eligible. There is no entrance test and the students need to appear for NATA and marks in the qualifying exam will be considered for admissions. The candidates must have at least 50% score in NATA. There are 60 seats in the program. The applications need to be submitted to GGS IP University.
- School of Architecture, CEPT, Ahmadabad Offers B Arch, B Planning, Bachelor of construction Technology and Bachelor in Interior Design. Students with physics and mathematics as a subjects in class 12th are eligible for B Arch / B Design. The college considers NATA scores and class 12th board marks for admission. There are 48 seats in B Arch but 71% seats are reserved for Gujarat Students and 25% seats are there students outside Gujarat.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel institute of Technology, Vasad.
- Department of Architecture, Faculty of Technology and Engineering, MSU Baroda Offers B Arch course. There are 40 seats and admission is done by ACPC Gujarat . Fee for boys is Rs 9100 and Rs 7600 for girls for two semesters.
- D C Patel School of Architecture, Arvindbhai Patel institute of environmental Design, Vallabh Vidya Nagar.
- AAERT & SSB, Faculty of Architecture, Sarvajanic college of Engineering and Technology
- NIRMA University . In B Arch course of NIRMA university 50% seats are filled by ACPC and 50% by the University. Of the 50% seats of government quota 90 % seats are reserved for students in Gujarat Board.
- University School of Architecture and Planning ( USAP) GGS IP University Delhi offer B Arch. There are 80 seats. The university does not take its own entrance test and the students need to appear for NATA and marks in the qualifying exam will be considered for admissions. The candidates must have at least 50% score in NATA.
- Lucknow University, Govt. College of Architecture, Tagore Road, Lucknow
- Goa University, College of Architecture, Campal Panaji, Goa
- Indian Education Society's College of Architecture, 791, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (W), Mumbai
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, School of Planning & Architecture, Mahavir Marg, Hyderabad
- Pune University.
- Kerala University, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthpuram
Top colleges to study B Arch in Delhi/ NCR )
School of planning and Architecture, New Delhi
Faculty of Architecture, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
Depoartment fo Architecture, India Gandhi Delhi Technological University of women, Kashmere Gate , Delhi
Vaastu Kala Academy. New Delhi
University school of Architecture, IP University, Delhi
State University of Performing and Visual Arts, Rohtak
Department of Architecture, Chhotu Ram University of science and Technology, Sonipat
GautamBuddha University, Greater Noida ( State university of UP) 40 seats in B Arch program.
Top colleges to study B Arch in Kerala
Government Rajiv Gandhi Instiute of Technology, Kottayam Affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam Offers B Arch course ( 40 seats) Admission through CEE Kerala
Government Engineering college, Thrissur CEE Kerala
TKM College of engineering Kollam CEE Kerala
College of Engineering, Thiruvanathapuram CEE Kerala
NIT Calicut Also offers B Arch course Admission through JEE main exam and seats also available through DASA for PIO's. NRI's and OCI.
Colleges outside India
National University of Singapore Offers 4 years BA in Architecture program.Shortlisting of students is done on the basis on academic rating and after that they have to write the Architecture Admission Test and Interview.