TV Anchor / Commentator
Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good TV Anchor / Commentator?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses & Eligibility
Just like Film Actors, while formal training is a plus, however it is the skills that play a vital role in the success of a person who wants to pursue career as a TV anchor. The job of a TV anchor is to strike an instant rapport with potential audiences. Although many successful anchors and commentators have not been professionally trained but have learned with experience. Some institutes offer specialized courses on TV anchoring.
One can begin with a Bachelor’s degree in the mass media field. Else, Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication, PG Diploma in Journalism and TV Anchoring would also help.
IIMC Delhi takes a fee of Rs 1 lakh for the PG Diploma course in Radio and TV Journalism.
Where To Study
TV anchoring is not a career that is accessible through a classroom. There are no institutes which train people to become TV anchors or sports commentators. But one can always go for courses in English, Personality Development and Communication Skills to gain an edge in this career.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi. Offers PG Diploma in Radio and TV Journalism
- CRAFT Delhi: PG Diploma in TV Journalism and Anchoring.
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi
- R K Films & Media Academy - New Delhi
- AAFT, Noida offers B.Sc in Electronic Media and Graduate Diploma in electronic Media, PG Diploma in TV Journalism and Communication.
- International Institute for Media & Films (IIMF), Jaipur;
- National School of Events (NSE) at Mumbai, Indore, and Kolkata;
- International Media Institute (IMI), Gurgaon;
- Osmania University College for Women, Hyderabad;
- Garden City College, Bangalore.
- Indian Institute of Journalism and new Media offers graduate and post graduate diploma in Journalism.
- NDTV Worldwide and India Can, offers post-graduate diploma in broadcast and digital journalism. Offered at Delhi, Bangalore, Guwahati, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Ranchi centers. The diploma is recognized by Mahatma Gandhi University. 12 months intensive program and one can intern with NDTV. Final selection is through interview and on camera presentation. On successful completion, the candidates are awarded UGC accredited PG Diploma.