Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Textile Technology?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses and Eligibility
How to become a textile engineer?
One has to start by taking science that is Physics, chemistry and mathematics in class 11 and then one can do B Tech in Textile Technology/ Textile Engineering.
Courses in B Tech Textile Technology
The B Tech in Textile Technology course at NIT Jalandhar covers the following
Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Science, Computer Programming, Bio sciences, Psychology of Human Behaviour, Physics Lab, Engineering graphics etc.
Mathematics, Chemistry, Elements of Mechanical Engg., English Communication, Environmental Science & Tech., Introduction to Management, Manufacturing process, Mech engg Lab, English communication Lab.
From third semester onwards one has to take up courses in
Natural Fibres, Preparation to yarn formations, Basic fibre formation, Man made fibres, probability and statistics, Kinematics of Machine, Textile Fibre Lab, Yarn Formation Lab-I, Fabric Formation Lab-I.
Properties of Fibres, Yarn Formation, Control Mechanism and Advancement to Fabric Formation
, Textile chemical processing, unit operation, numerical methods, Yarn formation lad 2, Fabric formaton lab 2
Textile testing, Textile Chemical Processing-II, Departmental Elective-I, Textile Design Humanities and Management,Textile Testing Lab, Textile Chemical Processing
Lab – I
Process Control in Textiles, Departmental Elective-II, Departmental Elective-III, Departmental Elective-IV, Digita electronics and Microprocessor Architecture, Textile chemical processing lab 22, Knotting Technology Lab, Digital Electronics and Microprocessor Architecture Lab
Theory of Textile Structure, Quality Control in Textiles, Departmental Elective-V, Departmental Elective-VI, Departmental Elective-VII, Garment Technology Lab, Industrial Practical Training, Project (Phase-I)
Mechanics of Textile Processes , Departmental Elective – VIII, Departmental Elective – IX, Departmental Elective – X, Project.
Top colleges for Textile Technology
1. IIT Delhi offers B Tech Textile Technology.
2. NIT Jalandhar offers B Tech Textile Technology
3. Institute of chemical technology, Wadala, Mumbai offers B Tech Fibres and Textile processing technology.
4. Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara Offers B Tech Textile engineering.
5. Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College, Himachal Pradesh
6. Gautam Budh Technical University, Uttar Pradesh
7. The Technological Institute of Textile & Sciences, Haryana
8. Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College, Punjab
9. Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering & Technology, Punjab
10. Institute of Engineering, Madhya Pradesh
11. Institute of Textile Technology, Orissa
12. Government College of Engineering and & Technical Technology-Murshidabad, West Bengal
13. College of Engineering and Technology, Orissa
14. VJTI - Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Maharashtra
15. Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Maharashtra