Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Merchandiser?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses and Eligibility
- Bachelor of fashion Technology
- Post graduate Diploma in Visual Merchandising and Store Design (1 year)
- Masters in Apparel Merchandising management, (2 years)
Visual merchandising is one of the subjects in the curriculum of Bachelor course in fashion technology. For this course, 10+2 students in any stream are eligible to apply. Certificate courses are also available in many institutes.
Premier institute in Pune charges Rs.18,000 for 1 year PG diploma, while Institute in Bangalore charges Rs.50,000 for 2 year course.
Top Colleges for Merchandising
The following institutes offer the certificate course and diploma on visual merchandising. Visual Merchandising is also taught as a subject in fashion merchandising and designing courses.
1. National Institute of Fashion Technology, the premier institute of India offers short term programes on visual merchandising for professionals in fashion technology at various centres all across India like Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad. The graduation and post graduation courses on fashion designing also cover visual Merchandising as an important subject in its curriculum. Admission is through Entrance Test.
2. FDDI, NOIDA offers 4 years undergraduate program in Retail and Fashion Merchandise and 2 year Post graduate program in Retail and Fashion Merchandise.
3. South Delhi Polytechnic offers Diploma in Fashion design and Merchandising
IGNOU, School of vocational education and Training, Delhi Offers BA in Fashion Merchandising and Production