Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Lawyer?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses and Eligibility
The various Law schools and universities in India offer several Law Courses . The course may be of 5 years, 3 years or of 2 years of duration. One can also pursue 1 year or even 6 months Diploma courses to gain specialized knowledge in the field; however one cannot practice in the court with these short duration diplomas.
- BA LLB (Integrated course 5 years), BSC LLB, BGL (Bachelor of general Laws), Bachelor of academic laws, or BLS (Bachelor of Social Legal): Eligibility 10+2 and Entrance Test.Entrance tests National Law School of India.
- Diploma in taxation Law, other Law: After any graduation
- LLB (3 years): Eligibility any Graduation and entrance test.
- Post-graduation (LLM)/ JMMaster of Jurisprudence: Eligibility LLB.
Various Entrance Exams for admission to Law Colleges in India
1. CLAT: Common Law Admsission Test for more than 1600 seats approximately in 16 National Law Universities like NLSIU Bangalore, NALSAR Hyderabad, NLIU Bhopal, WBNUJS Kolkata , NLUJ Jodhpur, HNLU Raipur, GNLU Gandhinagar, RMLNLU Lucknow, RGNUL Punjab,CNLU Patna, NUALS Kochi, NLUO Odisha, USRL, Ranchi
2. CET IP University: Admission test conducted for app 685 seats (60 seats in USSLS) in University School of Law & Legal Studies.
3. Panjab University conducts its own entrance test for BA LLB and B Com LLB courses offered by offered by University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University ( 120 seats for BA LLB and 120 seats for B Com LLB, 12 seats for NRIs in each course) , University institute of laws, Punjab University regional centre civil lines, ludhiana ( 87 seats) and University Institute of legal studies PU Regional centre, Hosharpur ( 60 seats). .
The Tution fee for 1st year at NLS Banaglore was Rs 80,000 and the total annual fee with hostel etc was Rs 1,85,000 for General Category student.
The Tution fee for 1st semester at NLU Delhi is Rs 42,500 and the total annual fee with hostel etc is Rs 1,81,000 for General Category student.
BA LLB Fees at Jamia Milia Islamia is 10,000 per year and 40,100 per year for self financed seats.
Dr Harisingh Gour University Sagar MP ( Central University ) tution fee is Rs 400 per semester.
Top colleges to be a Lawyer / BA LLB / LLB
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore Offers BA LLB. 75 All India seats out of which 53 are for general category. In 2018 the cutoff for general category was 136.25
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata Offers BA LLB/ B Sc LLB. 94 All India seats
- National Academy of Legal Studies and Research University, Hyderabad Offers BA LLB. 89 All India seats . In 2018 the cutoff for general category was 130.25
- National Law University, Jodhpur Offers B.B.A., LL.B.(Hons.); B.A., LL.B.(Hons.); B.Sc.,LL.B.(Hons.).103 All India seats.
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal Offers BA LLB. and MS Cyber Laws. The cyber law centre funded by the Union HRD Ministry. For after 12th course there are 55 All India seats. For the MS in cyber laws there are 30 seats for MP state and 30 seats for All India Candidates.
- GNLU, Gandhinagar offers BA/BCom/BBA/BSc/BSW LL.B. (Hons.) There are 116 All India seats.
- Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai. There are 25 All India seats.
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of law, Patiala There are 174 All India seats.
- Dr Ram manohar laohiya National law University , Lucknow There are 80 All India seats.
- HNLU, Raipur Offers BA LLB
- CNLU, Patna Offers BA LLB and BBA LLB
- RMLNLU, Lucknow Offers BA LLB Hons.
- Faculty of Law, DU Offers 3 year LLB
- University institute of legal studies, Punjab University Chandigarh Offers 5 year integrated BA / B Com LLB.
- Dr Hari Singh Gour University Sagar MP offers BA LLB Hons
- Government Law College, Mumbai
- Faculty of Law, AMU
- University Law College, Bangalore University
- Faculty of Law, Mumbai University Offers 5 years integrtaed BA LLb and 3 years LLB course. Admission through maharshtra state entrance.
- Faculty of Law, BHU, Varanasi
- Deptt. Of Laws, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore
- University School of Law, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad Offers B Com LLB, LLM
- Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai
- Army Institute of Law, Mohali
- Deptt. Of Law, Calcutta University, Kolkata
- Govt. Law College, Kerala University, Thiruvananthpuram
- R.G. School of Intellectual Property Law – IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Kharagpur, Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property law, offers 3 year LLB Hons in Intelectual Property Laws. The admission is based on entrance test, GD and PI.
- Indian Law School Pune http://www.ilslaw.edu/ Offers 5 years BA LLB, 3 year LLB. Besides the regular Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in law, the college offers six diploma courses in subjects like intellectual property rights, cyber law and medical jurisprudence. Admission through Maharashtra CET entrance Test.
- New law College, Bharti Vidyapith University, Pune ( Deemed University) Offers BBA LLB and BA LLB ) The admission is on the basis of BVU entrance.
- Banasthali Vidyapith, Banasthali Rajasthan Offers BA LLB, B Com LLB, BBA LLB
More about LLB course offered by Delhi University
University of Delhi offers LLB degree course at 3 institutes Campus Law Centre, Law centre 1 and Law Centre 2. There are 2600 seats in all and admission is on the basis of written entrance exam. In 2016 the entrance was held in June and around 15,000 students applied for it.
Top Colleges to Study 5 year Integrated ( BA LLB / BBA LLB / LLB Hons Integrated ) In Delhi / Delhi NCR
NLU Delhi ( Established by Delhi state government) offers BA LLB Hons.
University School of Law and Legal Studies, IP University ( 5 year BA / B Com LLB Hons ) Considers CLAT score for admissions.
Jamia Milia Islamia Delhi offers 5 year BA LLB Hons(60 seats )B A LLB Hons Self Financed (60 seats )
Kurushetra University, Kurushetra (5 year BA LLB Hons) 120 seats Admission on the basis of entrance test.
Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida ( State university of UP) ( 5 years BA LLB programme) 120 seats
Top Colleges to Study Law in Kerala
(Admission in LLB and LLM in Kerala is through CEE conducted by Government of Kerala )
Government Law College, Ernakulam Offers 5 year LLB (80 seats )/ 3 year LLB (100 seats ) and 2 year LLM (15 seats)
Government Law College, Kozhikode ( University of Calicut ) Offers 5 year LLB (80 seats )/ 3 year LLB (100 seats ) and 2 year LLM (15 seats)
Government Law College, Thrissur Offers 5 year integrated BBA LLB Hons in Business Law (80 seats )/ 3 year LLB (100 seats ) and 2 year LLM (10 seats)
Government Law College, Thiruvanathapuram Offers 5 year LLB, 3 year LLB and 2 year LLM