Human Resource Manager
Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Human Resource Manager?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses and Eligibility
A HR manager should have Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) with Human resource as a specialization. The Courses on MBA are available with a large number of institutions all over India and abroad. The basic qualification for getting admission in this course is Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized college in the country. There are a few specialized courses, other than MBA, like IT and PM from XLRI, and Masters in Social Welfare, offred by different universities, from where the passing out students can join the HR function.
Admission in any stream of MBA in the best colleges is quite tough as the appearing candidates are tested in many areas like analytical ability, comprehension and data interpretation, numerical ability etc. The admission process usually begins with Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the IIM’s, XAT by XLRI and Management Aptitude Test (MAT) conducted by the AIMA. CAT is held once in a year whereas MAT is held four times in a year. These admission tests require highest amount of readiness and preparation. These tests are followed by personal interview and Group Discussion (GD).
IIM Ahmedabad which is one of the Top Institutes in India, charges a fee of Rs 19 lakhs for 2 year program.
Top colleges for MBA HR / Human Resource Management
At Undergraduate level College of Vocational Studies, Delhi University offers BA Human Resurce Management. Admission is on the basis of class 12th marks.
As mentioned above, The HR specialization is offered at most of the institutes offering MBA and PGDM courses. Some of the good institutes are mentioned below:
- Xavier Labor Relations Institute, Jamshedpur offers PGDM HRM ( Admission through XAT entrance)
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, ( TISS )Mumbai offers Diploma in HRM and MA in Human Resource management and labour Relations ) ( Admission through TISS NET conducted in January)
- Various Indian Institutes of Management ( IIM's ) Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Lucknow, Indore, Trichirapalli, Ranchi, Kozhikode, Shillong, Rohtak, , Udaipur. ( Admission through CAT conducted in November)
- MDI, Gurgaon
- XIM Bhubaneshwar.
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune. ( Admission through SNAP Test )
- Loyola College of Social Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram offers MA Human Reource Management ( Admission through XAT / CMAT / MAT Scores followed by interview and GD, there is 40% weightage for graduation marks as well. )
- Madras School of Social Work Chennai, Offer MA HR and OD, MA Human Resource management, PG Diploma in HR and IR
- GGS IP University Dwarka University college of Management Studies offers MBA HR through CET ( Conducted in April) . The University School of Management Studies offers Weekend 2 year MBA HR . For this course Graduates with at least one year post qualification executive / supervisory / teaching experience are eligible. Applications invited in the month of May.
- Ambedkar University offers MBA course ( HR and OB) Admission through entrance test conducted in Feb.
- Mumbai University Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies offer MBA Human Resource Management
- St Xaviers college Kolkatta Offers 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management. Online Applications can be made in the month of May and selection is on the basis of qualifications, experience and personal interview.
- Panjab University Chandigarh University Business School offerd 2 years MBA course through it s own entrance test.
- Xaviers Institute of Social Science ranchi offers 2 years MBA HR Course.
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management Kolkatta offer MBA and MHRM.