Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Film Editor?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses & Eligibility
There are some reputed film institutes in India which offer certificate, diploma, and postgraduate diploma level courses in editing. These courses impart skills concerning all aspects of all aspects of film editing, such as non-linear editing, professional editing, etc. For undergraduate courses, 10+2 students are eligible and graduates in relevant stream are eligible for postgraduate diploma courses.
The fee for certificate courses is around Rs.30,000, for Post-graduate programme in editing it is Rs.40,000 in first year and Rs.20,000 per year for other 2 years.
Where to Study
- Film and Television Institute of India, Law College Road, Pune
Course: Post Graduate Diploma in Film Editing
Duration: Three years
- Digital Academy, Plot C-3, Street no. 11, MIDC, Andheri East, Mumbai
Course: Non-Linear Editing
Duration: 6 months
- Flash Frame Visuals Academy of Film and Video Editing, 5/1, 1st floor, Sri Krishna Temple Road, Indira Nagar 1st stage, Bangalore
Course: Professional Editing with Avid Media Composer
Duration: Part time
- CRAFT: Center for Research in Art of Film and Television, Sector-7, Rohini. New Delhi
Course: Diploma courses after 10+2, Non linear editing (film and TV)
Duration: 1 Years
- International Institute of Mass Media, New Delhi, Certificate course in editing. (3 months)
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI), Calcutta 3-year (Full time), Postgraduate Programme in Cinema with specialization in Editing
- AJK Mass Communication Research centre, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi. Offers two year MA programme in various aspects of film making
- Whistling Woods International, Mumbai
- Asian Academy of Film and Television, Noida