Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Fashion Designer?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses & Eligibility
Diploma in Fashion Design: 10+2 (Arts, Commerce, Science) /P.U.C./Polytechnic/equivalent with 45% marks in aggregate (40% is sufficient for SC/ST candidates).
Reputed institutes like NIFT/ NID select candidates on the basis of entrance exam.
Postgraduate programme in apparel design from NID: Any graduation
IN 20016 the NIFT tuition fee is Rs 75,950 and total fee for Sem 1 including refundable deposit etc was Rs 1,01650. The tuition fee increases roughly 10% every year. In the NRI category the fee is roughly 6 lakhs per year. Srishti school of Art, Bangalore takes an annual fee of Rs 3,00,000 and Rs 75,000 at admission time.
Panjab University University institute of fashion technology fee for 1st semester is Rs 33,657.
Top Colleges for Fashion Design
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) with Campuses in Bangaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Gandhi Nagar, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumabi, New Delhi, Patna, Rae Bareli, Shillong.
NIFT offers B.Des. (Fashion Design) and B.FTech. (Apparel Production). There are around 390 seats in Fashion Design.
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Vijaywada and Kurukshetra. NID Ahmadabad offers design courses at undergraduate and post graduation level in various desciplines. There are 100 seats in the UG course. NID Vijaywada and NID Kurukshetra offer B Design Apparel and Fashion. There are 60 seats each in these institutes,
- RGNIYD Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Sriperumbudur, TN in association with ATDC India Offers 3 years B Vocational Fashion Design and Retail and B Vocational in Apparel Manufacturing and Entrepreneurship. Admission is through screening test and skype interview. B Vocational program is also offered by ATDC Vocational Institutes in Gurgaon, Jaipur, Faridabad, Noida, Ludhiana, Chandigarh, Hyderabad Bangalore, Thiruvanathapuram, Kannur, Tirupur, Chennai, Kolkata, Bhubaneshwar, Patna, Ranchi, Indore, Chhindwara, Raipur, Mumbai, Surat.
- FDDI, NOIDA, Fursatganj, Chennai, Kolkata, Chhindwara, Rohtak, Jodhpur and Guna offers 4 years undergraduate program in Fashion Design
- Panjab University, Chandigarh University Institute of Fashion Technology and Vocational Development offers 5 year Integrated course in B Sc and M Sc in Fashion and Lifestyle technology. There is an exit option after 3 years and there are 52 seats in the course. The admission is on the basis of aptitude test and interview.
- Panjab University, Chandigarh Government Home Science College, Chandigarh offers B Sc Fashion Design ( Self Financing course, Admission on the basis of merit in class 12th board marks. There are 30 seats in B Sc Fashion Design course.The college also offers PG Diploma in Fashion Designing Admission on the basis of marks in graduation.
- Panjab University, Chandigarh GGDSD College Sec 32, Chandigarh Offers BA with Fashion Design and B Vocational Fashion Technology and Apparel Design. In B vocational course there are 50 seats and multiple exit points. Admission on the basis of class 12th marks.
- University of Mumbai, M G Road, Fort, Mumbai
- MSU Baroda Institute of Fashion Technology offers B Sc in Textile and Apparel Design. There are 40 seats and admission is on the basis of Merit and Interview. The applications open in the month of May.