Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Event Manager?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses and Eligibility
Big event management companies look for Diploma or degree in event management, business management (marketing specialisation), advertising or public relations with specialization in event management.
Event management is taught as subject in post graduate degree in public relations and advertising or mass communication. Post graduate Diploma and Masters in event management are some of the courses available.
The eligibility to take admission in master level courses is a Bachelor’s in any stream having some understanding of media issues. The selection is generally based on a written test followed by a personal interview.
For admissions to MBA/ PG Diploma In Management in IIMs and top colleges, CAT or Common Admission Test is the main entrance exam, CAT is conducted by the IIMs.
Management Aptitude Test, MAT is another national entrance test. This test is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). Institutes offering PG program in management and allied subjects generally participate in this exam.
Top colleges for BBA event Management / MBA event management / Sports Management
PG Diploma/Masters in Business Management
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM A)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B)
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)
- XLRI - Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur
- FMS - Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calicut (IIM K - Kozhikode)
- Manipur Institute of Management Studies, Canchipur Imphal
- University of Delhi, University Road, Delhi. Phone: South Campus: 011-24119832. Phone: North Campus: 011-2766709, 27667011, 27667190
- Rajasthan University, JLN Marg, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. Phone: 91-141-2711070
- Jamia Millia University, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi. Phone : 26984650, 26985180
- Hamdard University, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi. Phone: 011- 26059662
- Bombay University, M.G. Road, Fort Mumbai, Maharashtra. Phone: 22 - 2652825
- Calcutta University, Senate House, 87 /1 College Street, Kolkata, West Bengal. Phone: 033 22410071
- Guru Nanak Dev Univ, Amritsar. Phone: 2450601-14 (14 lines)
Colleges that offer Event management courses
National Institute of Event management India Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Kolhapur, Jodhpur, Odisha, Delhi, Uttarakhand Offers PG Diploma Event management, BBA Event Management. NIEM Delhi offers Diploma Event management ( Evening classes and full time BBA course is offered at Mumbai and Ahmadabad.
National Academy of Event management and Development Ahmedabad, Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai . Offers MBA in Event Management and PR , BBA in Event Management and PR, PG Diploma in Marketing and Events, PG Diploma in Event Management .
Wizcrart one of the leading communication and entertainment company has started offering certificate course in Event Management. WIZCARFT MIME offers course in TV Event and Production course. The course topper gets internship with Wizcraft and Top 5 students get opportunity to work on IIFA, Start Guild awards etc. The institute also offers Corporate events and Brand Orientation course. The course topper gets internship with Wizcraft and Top 5 students get opportunity to work oncorporate events of Wizcraft.
KC College of Management studies, Mumbai Offers 11 months Diploma course in Sports management. Admissions on the basis of entrance and interview conducted by institute in the month of April. Students pursuing any graduation may also apply.
International Colleges offering event management courses
M Sc Startegic Event Management and Tourism Manamenet, SKEMA Business School, France.
Master in Tourism Promotion and Management fo cultural events and heritage University of Bologna, Italy
M Sc Event Management Coventry University School of Marketing, UK
International Events and Conference Management Sheffield Hallam University UK
M Sc International Marketing with Tourism and events -Double Degree IPAG Business School Edinburgh Napier University Buisness School, France
Master of Management Tourism and Event Management University of South Australia, Australia