Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Ecologist?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses & Eligibility
Bachelor of Science (Environmental Science):
Eligibility: 10+2 in any discipline
Duration: Three Years (Six Semesters)
One can follow it up with Masters degree and even a Phd.
While this is the formal route to become an ecologist, somebody having an interest in ecology can begin working in this are even while he/she is in school. You can take your environmental science subject more seriously and can also join a ecology club in the summer or winter vacations. You can intern with an organisation involved in ecological research or work with NGO’s.
Where To Study
1. Indian Institute of Ecology and environment, New Delhi Offers Master of Science (Environmental Science), Master of Science (Sustainable Development), Master of Science (Disaster Management), Master of Science (Remote Sensing), MBA (Environmental Management), Bachelor of Science (Environmental Science).
2. WWF India, Darrang College Tezpur. Offers Certificate Course in Conservation Ecology
3. Centre for Ecological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Offers research programs in Ecology.
4. Conservation India Offers Certificate course in Ecology, Ethology and Conservation.
5. Chhatisgarh University B Sc and MSc Environment and Ecology
6. Birsa Agricultural University, Ranchi B Sc in Ecology and Environment
7. IIFM, Bhopal FPM in Ecosystem and Environment Management.
8. Assam University Offers M Sc (Ecology and Environmental Sciences)
9. Pondicherry University, Puducherry Offers M Sc (Ecology and Environmental Sciences)
# There are many institutes in India that offer Graduate and Post Graduate course in Environmental Science.