Para Military Forces / CRPF / BSF
Border Security Force’s motto is "Duty Unto Death”. The motto reflects the true passion with which this agency has helped secure India and Indians. The Paramilitary Forces of India like BSF, CRPF, ITBP help the Armed forces and Police in securing India. India has the second largest Para military force in the world.
While these agencies work under the ministry of home affairs, some work in cooperation with the Police forces and some work in cooperation with the Armed Forces.
CENTRAL PARAMILITARY FORCES
- Border Security Force – it consists of 215,000 personnel
- Central Industrial Security Force – it consists of 105,000 personnel
CENTRAL POLICE ORGANIZATIONS
- Railway Protection Force – it consists of about 45,000 personnel who provide police security to the Indian Railways.
- Indian Home Guard – consists of 400 to 600,000 personnel
- Civil Defence – it consists of 35,930 personnel
- Sashastra Seema Bal – it consists of 32,500 personnel who guard the indo-Nepal and indo-Bhutan borders
- Special Protection Group – it consists of about 3000 personnel
- Special Frontier Force – it consists of about 10,000 personnel and is an elite, parachute qualified commando unit deployed along sensitive areas of border with china.
- Provincial Armed Constabulary – it consists of 250 to 300,000 persons who act as mobile armed reserve
- Central Reserve Police Force – it consists of 172,000 personnel in 200 battalions
- Rapid Action Force – it consists of a 10 battalion semi-independent part of CRPF
- Commando Battalion for Resolute Action – it consists of a 10,000 strong force
The Border Security Force (BSF) is a Border Guarding Force of India. The personnel of this force guards India's land border during peace time and prevents transnational crime. It is a Union Government Agency under the administrative control of Ministry of Home Affairs. It currently stands as th world's largest border guarding force. The Border Security Force has three main operational arms, the General Duty branch, which is in charge of vigilance, The Technical branch, which maintains equipments, telecommunication networks and is also in charge of construction work and the Medical branch, which provides all kinds of medical facilities to BSF troops as well as civilians.
Border Security Force patrols mountainous terrains, deserts and long coastal stretches on camel-back, horseback, on foot, speedboats or in helicopters. During war-time they are required to hold ground in less threatened sectors so long as the main attack does not develop in a particular sector. Protection of vital installations against enemy commando raids is also part of responsibilities in the Border Security Force. They also carry out internal security, anti-infiltration and counter insurgency roles.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is an armed Force of the Union of India, with the basic role of striking reserve to assist the State/Union Territories in Police operations to maintain law and order and contain insurgency.The Force has grown into a big organization with 231 Bn, (including 200 executive Bns, 4 Mahila Bns, 10 RAF Bns, 10 CoBRA Bns, 5 Signal Bns and 1 Special Duty Group & 1 PDG), 41 Group Centres, 20 Training Institutions, 3 CWS, 7 AWS, 3 SWS & 4 Composite Hospitals of 100 bed and 17 Composite Hospitals of 50 bed. Its role is that of a catalyst in maintaining law & order, and returns to barracks once this objective is achieved. The force is also being used for various police duties in various States. It is All India in character, both in deployment and in its composition. Due to its unique capability to quickly adapt to various situational requirements, and also, to work in perfect harmony with the State Police, CRPF has, over the years, acquired the distinction of being perhaps the most acceptable Force, by the people and the State administrations. CRPF personnel do Crowd control, Riot control, Counter Militancy / Insurgency operations, Dealing with Left Wing extremism, Overall co-ordination of large scale security arrangement specially with regard to elections in disturbed areas, Protection of VIPs and vital installations, Checking environmental de-gradation and protection of local Flora and Fauna, Fighting aggression during War time, Participating in UN Peace Keeping Mission, Rescue and Relief operations at the time of Natural Calamities.
Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Para Military Forces / CRPF / BSF?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment