Hotel / Restaurant Guest Relations Manager
Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Hotel / Restaurant Guest Relations Manager ?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Pay and Remuneration
After completing the diploma or the bachelor's course, a graduate is usually taken as a trainee. Trainees start with salaries under 1 lakh. After successful completion of training, they may be absorbed in positions with salaries starting from Rs 1.2 lakhs plus perks. Salaries would, of course, vary from chain to chain. After this, the sky is really the limit. Depending on performance, a person may expect regular promotions. Front office manager, lobby and reservation managers are paid Rs 2.5 lakhs to 3.5 lakhs a year or more and perks. These are payscales at average-size hotels. Salaries are much higher at five star and similar hotels.
Global growth and development of tourism having opened up innumerable openings, graduates can look forward to career opportunities as:
- Management Trainee in Hotel and allied industry
- Hospitality Executive
- Kitchen Management/ House keeping Management Trainee
- Hospital and Institutional Catering Supervisor/Assistant
- Faculty in Hotel Management/ Food Craft Institutes (after 1 year industry experience)
- Cabin Crew in National and International Airlines
- Catering Officer in Cruiselines/ Shipping
- Marketing/ Sales Executive in Hotel/ Multinational companies
- Customer Service Executive in Banking /Insurance and other service sectors
- Manager/ Supervisor in Tourism Development Corporations
- Entrepreneurship opportunities
A Day in Life
Though a job in hotel management can be fun, it can also be pretty stressful. Hotel managers have the pressures of coordinating a wide range of issues. Conventions and large groups of tourists may present unusual problems. Moreover, dealing with irate guests can be stressful. The job can be particularly hectic for guest relations officers.
In case Guest Relations Officer is not the career option that you are looking for, then you can always look into the full careers list and select other careers that interests you more. Also, one must always remember to take Aptitude Test and Personality Test to find which careers are suitable and fitting well for the person.
You may also like to read up on other such careers as: