Ethical Hacker / IT Security Professional
Know if you can be a good Ethical Hacker / IT Security Professional?
Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Ethical Hacker / IT Security Professional?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses and Eligibility
There are few courses in IT security and ethical hacking that can be taken by engineers, graduates and post graduates in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Certificate course in ethical hacking
- PG Diploma in Information security and system administration: Graduation in IT, Computer science, engineering, MCA, , PGDCA
- M.Sc in cyber forensics and information security: degree in computer science, computer application, IT, mathematics/ physics, statistics, electronics or BE/BTech. Selection is through entrance exam.
- M.Tech in CS and Information Security: BTech in Cs/ECE/IT or MCA with BSC mathematics or Msc mathematics/CS, selection through entrance exam/GATE.
- M.Tech in Information Security and computer Forensics: B.E/ B.Tech (CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EEE), M.Sc (Computer / Computer Forensics Science/ IT/ Electronics) or MCA. selection through entrance exam/GATE.
- M.Tech in cyber Security: BE/BTech in CSE/IT/ECE or equivalent, Selection through entrance exam/GATE.
- International certifications are there like Certified Ethical Hacker (EC-Council), Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (EC-Council), GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN) offered by SAN and GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA). These certifications can improve one’s prospects. The training for the certifications is available in regular and online modes.
- MS in Cyber Law and Information Security (BE/BTech/Postgrduates/Bachelor in Law) Admission through enrance exam.
Where To Study
- IIT Guwahati offers M Tech in CSE where 10 seats are set aside for specialization in computer security
- International Institute of Information Technlogy, IIIT Hyderabad offers M.Tech in CS and Information Security
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT) MS in Cyber Law and Information Security (BE/BTech/Postgraduates/Bachelor in Law) Admission through entrance exam.
- University of Madras - M.Sc in cyber forensics and information security
- IIIT Delhi offers M Tech CSE with specialization in Information Security
- JNTU Hyderabad offer M Tech Computer Networks and Information Security
- NIT Bhopal offers M Tech Information Security
- Defense Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune Offers Cyber Security course to Defence offiers and also to 7-8 civilian students through GATE score.
- Indira Gandhi National Open Universitys (IGNOU) School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET) one-year PG diploma and a six month advanced certificate in information security through the distance mode.