Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Graphic Designer?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses and Eligibility
With advertising becoming more and more important part of our lives, it is only inevitable that the demand for graphic designers would increase. There are quite a few courses that one can take up such as the certificate courses, diploma courses and degree courses to get trained as a graphic designer. Following is a list of courses that one can take up if they want to get into graphic designing.
- Advance Diploma in Graphics
- Advance Diploma in Graphics and Animation
- Animaster Graphic Designer (AGD)
- B.A. Animation and Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Graphic Design
- Certificate Course in Graphic Designing
- Certificate Course in Motion Graphics with Apple Motion
- Certificate Course in Multimedia and Graphic Design
- Diploma in Graphic and Web Designing
- Diploma in Graphic Designing
- Diploma in Graphics and Animation
- Diploma in Publishing and Graphic Designing (DPGD)
- Graduate Diploma in Graphic Design
- Graphics and Web Design (GWD)
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Graphic Design
There is a huge requirement of graphic designers in the current times. For entry level and advanced level graphic designing, one usually needs to undergo bachelor’s degree in graphic design or fine arts. The basic eligibility criterion for getting into graphic designer course is that one needs to have completed their intermediate (10+2). Along with the above criteria it would be preferable if one has a creative side to them. The course duration of the graphic design related courses range from 6 months to 3 years. The usual degree courses are of three years, where as in some countries it is up to four years.
The course fee of the various graphic designer courses varies for all universities and colleges. For instance, one can do a graphic designing course for Rs 10000 as well as for Rs. 50000.
Top Colleges to study Graphic Designing
- National Institute of Design
- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, Ahemdabad
- St. Joseph College of communication (SJCC), Chaganassery, Kerala
- >Sacred Heart College, Kochi, affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala ( A Grade ) Offers BA Animation / Graphic Design, MA Multimedia / MA Graphic Design / MA Digital Animation
- Farook College ( Autonomous ) Kozhikode ( NAAC A grade ) Offers BA Multimedia
The institute is one of the premier most institutes of the country, providing with the best educational facilitates one can think of. The institute follows a very practical approach which helps it to groom its students well for the industry.
NIFT has created a niche for itself over the years and it is all because of the excellent education provided at the college. The fact that there are several branches of the institute all over the India makes things easier for graphic design aspirants.
CEPT is a renowned name in the graphic designing industry. The institute has been providing with undergraduate as well as post graduate programmes for quite a few years now. The faculties ensure their best to inculcate practical approach among the students.
St. Joseph College of Communication or SJCC has been a pioneer in the field of graphic designing for a quite a few years now. The institute has the distinction of being the first affiliated university in South India and has been providing the best quality education with an equally god environment.
Some Other institutes that offer related courses are
- Academy of Animation and Gaming (AAG Gurgaon), Gurgaon
- Institute of Multimedia Arts and Graphic Effects (IMAGE), Chennai
- Times Multimedia Academy
- Institute of Fine Arts, Chandigarh
- Sadhna Academy for Media Studies, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Flash Frame Visuals Academy of Film and Television (FFVA), Bangalore
- Aakriti Insititute of Art, Animation and gaming, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Indian Global Software Solutions, Bangalore
- Don Bosco Institute of Graphic Arts Communication Technology, kochi, Kerala
- A.D.M.E.C, New Delhi
- Pradeshik Centre for Information Technology and Management training (PCITMT), Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- M.A.E.E.R’s M.I.T Institute of Design, Pune