Business Person / Entrepreneur
Are your Aptitudes and Personality suitable for becoming a good Business Person / Entrepreneur?
To know this, take the MyTalentTM Assessment.Take MyTalentTM Assessment
Courses and Eligibility
Although there are several businessmen who have succeeded in business without any formal education, the competition in the field now demands prospective entrepreneurs to be as competitive as possible. Many entrepreneurs of today have left their cushy jobs and started on their own ventures. Here are some courses that might prepare you to face the corporate world fully equipped:
- PG Diploma in Management- Business Enterpreneurship
- Advanced Diploma in Enterprise Management, Duration: 6 months, Eligibility: Graduation, preferably with work experience of 5 - 10 years.
- Certificate Course in Export Marketing, Duration: 4 months, Eligibility: Graduation
- Certificate Course in International Trade Logistic, Duration: 4 months, Eligibility: Graduation.
- Diploma/Certificate Courses in Entrepreneurship, Duration: 6 months- 1 year, Eligibility: Graduation/ Diploma/10+2 with 3 yr. Exp.
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship, Duration: 9 months, Eligibility: Graduation
- Diploma in Planning and Entrepreneurship, Duration: 2 years, Eligibility: 10+2
- Executive Masters in International Trade, Duration: 1 year, Eligibility: Graduation
- Executive MBA+M.Com/PGDBA, Duration:2 years, Eligibility: Graduation, appearing for final exam
- Executive Postgraduate Program, Duration: 3 years, Eligibility: Graduation (55%)
- Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Management, Duration: 3 years, Eligibility: Bachelor's/Master's degree with 5 years exp.
- PG Diploma in International Business/Entrepreneurship/Small Business and Management of Services
- PG Diploma in Management of Small and Medium Enterprises, Duration: 1 year, Eligibility: Graduation
- Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Management (PGDEM), Duration: 9 months, Eligibility: middle level executive
- PGDEM, Duration: 6 months, Eligibility: Graduation.
Admission process: Entrance exam followed by aptitude test and a personal interview. EDI also accepts scores of exams like XAT, MAT and CAT instead of entrance examinations. Information regarding the application process could be found at www.ediindia.org or www.ediindia.ac.in and the other respective websites of the institutions to which you wish to apply. Online applications are also possible. It is advisable to read the information booklets of the applying institutes to gain thorough and exact knowledge of the application process.
XLRI charges Rs 60,000+ 12,000 for books and around 45,000 for boarding for its six months program.
Top Colleges for BA Entrepreneurship and MBA
"Those aspiring to become entrepreneurs can enrol themselves in both short term and long term courses according to their convenience and what they are looking for. Here are details of some of the prestigious institutes in India that offer courses for future entrepreneurs:
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad offers Full Time PG Diploma in Management- Business Enterpreneurship and Distance Learning Diploma in Enterpreneurship and Business Management.
- IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore & IIM Kolkata, IIM Lucknow all have centres for entrepreneurship development.
- SPJIMR Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan Mumbai offers Start your Business course and Grow your business Course also offers Family Business Management course over weekends.
- IIT Delhi Offers certificate course in enterprise management.
- National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, New Delhi
- National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD), New Delhi, 6 months course.
- Management Development Institute,Gurgaon, Haryana
College of Vocational Studies, ( NAAC A Grade) University Of Delhi offers BA Vocational Studies Small and Medium Enterprises. There are 50 seats in the course and the admission is on the basis of entrance exam.
St Joseph's College of Commerce ( NAAC A Grade) ( Autonomous college ) Banglaore Offers BBA Entrepreneurship.
Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce , Pune offers B Com Hons in Business Entrepreneurship.